Friday, August 26, 2016

Episode 6: The Squished Tomatoe

Khloe got on pink yesterday!  Her teacher has a color coordinated behavior board and pink is the best of the best!  Oh and she is still un-medicated due to insurance issues.  So this is HUGE for her!  She has her spelling test this morning and I'm not so sure she will ace this one.  She was having issues with "out" even tho it was on last week's list of words and she aced that test.  She, also, sat down and read me a book on Wednesday.  She needed help with a few "big" words, like biscuit and basket, but all in all did a majorly impressive job!  Y'all I'm over the moon with her success if y'all can't tell!
Max had been excelling at his toddler studies as well.  I've been working on his color and animal recognition.  He can sort his Hot Wheels by color using a sheet of paper I colored in individual blocks with different colors.  He loves to learn. 

If I have to watch one more episode of "The Little Einsteins" I will scream.  I'm so sick of pat pat patting.  I cannot, for the life of me, understand why the heck Rocket turns into a boat to get across the river when he can fly!  I know it supposedly helps with imagination but holy cow is it annoying. 

My living room currently has the smell of tomatoes wafting through it.  As much as I love me some 'maters, I do not like their smell.  Why does my living room smell like tomatoes you ask?  Well, because Max decided to take one out of the bowl on the counter and bring it in to the living room to make juice on our floor.  I love how his mind works but sometimes the actions and outcomes are a bit mess, and in this case stinky. 

I cannot remember if I have mentioned our cats yet.  Anyway, we have two, Marmalde and Toast.  Marmalade, or often referred to as fat cat, was originally my mother-in-loves cat but when she came to visit last thanksgiving Marmalade stayed becoming my favorite child.  Toast was found abandoned with all her brothers and sisters by a lady on a Facebook buy sell page.  I saw her picture and knew that was my new baby.  I wasn't looking for another pet at all but something about her screamed "I'm a Davis!"  Toast is now Max's kitty.  They cuddle, she lets him carry her around in the most uncomfortable positions, and she comes to him for love.  Marmalde was originally Khloe's when she came to love with us but has since then decided she doesn't care for Khloe that much.


Currently Toast is laying on the back of our over sized chair swatting Max's head.  I'm not entirely sure why but that is probably because I'm a dumb human in her eyes. 

Max decided it was a fabulous idea to take one of his chairs and use it as a ladder to try to get down a sweater hanging in his closet.  He wasn't completely successful, I had to get it down for him, but he didn't fall! He, also, uses his tiger rocking horse thing in the same way to get a book or his choochoo off of his dresser.  Boys are dare devils! 


This is what I am making for lunch today.  Is it just me or do they look like they don't have any idea of what is about to happen to them?  I feel kind of bad putting them in the oven and then eating them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment