Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Exhausted

No matter how much sleep I get I am always exhausted.  I feel like I am running on fumes, shoot the fumes of the fumes.  My house isn't staying as clean as I'd like it to be, my laundry is piling up, and my dishes, don't start me on those.  By 8pm every night my eyes are burning and I start yawning up a storm.  I feel like I've lost my way when it comes to being a stay at home mommy. 

I like to keep my house clean, well cleanish.  I keep it company ready for the most part.  If you were to walk in my house at any given time things should be decent.  There might be dishes drying, we don't have a dishwasher... I wish I had one so bad, a few toys scattered on the living room floor, and a cup or two here and there but all in all I'd like to say its clean.  Maybe not spotless but I promise you wont mind drinking from my cups or sitting on my toilet. 

Here lately there's more than a few toys in the living room, there's constantly dirty dishes in the sink, and I am pretty sure there is a ghost or little monster that keeps putting trash on my side tables and counter tops. 

I always have one load left to do of laundry.  It's a never ending cycle, especially since my husband switched jobs and no longer has a uniform service where they wash his uniforms.  I have to wash clothes at least twice a week to keep him, and my house, from smelling nice.  And by twice a week I mean at least two loads each time.  Khloe seems to be wearing three outfits a day, or at least that's what her laundry hamper is leading me to believe.  Which is boggling my mind because we have a system where every Sunday I put out five outfits, underwear and socks included, so that she does not have to touch her clothes except for pajamas.  The same monster or ghost that is leaving trash around my house must also be taking her clothes and hiding them in her toy box. 

Last school year I got to take everyone to their respected places, we only have one vehicle, and got to come home and go back to sleep.  But this year Max is not having any of that.  He is wide eyed and bushy tailed as soon as I strap him in his car seat before we leave.  And he continues to be that way until its time to go to wait in the car rider line at Khloe's school.  That is his nap time and mommy's reading time.

My house has nothing but hard wood and tile floors.  I thought I'd love these floors, thought they would be easy to keep clean because I could just wipe up spills.  Yeah, no.  That is so not the case.  There is always something to sweep up or mop up.  The cats have left a thin coating of hair EVERYWHERE and Max leaves a trail of crumbs. 


I am ready for a break.  A nice, kid free, relaxing break.  And I am getting one!  In a month Daddy and I will set out on an anniversary trip to Gulf Breeze, Florida for the weekend.  I am beyond excited.  We haven't had a whole weekend to ourselves in Lord knows how long.  I am ready to have my hiney in the sand and a cold beer in my hand!  We definitely could not have been able to do this without my awesome mother-in-love, yes you read that correctly I am one of the lucky ones to be blessed with an awesome mother-in-law.  She really is amazing.  Y'all I could literally brag about her all day.

Daddy got blessed with a pretty good mother-in-law as well... but I am a bit biased about her since she is my mother.  I'm pretty sure she is where I get my strength from. 

Hopefully our trip will revive me and reset my decent housewife button.  Hopefully Daddy loves it.  He is knows nothing of the trip.  He knows we have his mom watching the children and that I am planning something but he is in the dark about us going to the beach.  Like I said I couldn't have done it without my mother-in-love.  She is a great accomplice.

For now I will continue to run on fumes and struggle getting through the day without falling asleep.  At least I have my trusty side kick, Coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment