Monday, August 22, 2016

Episode Five: Bad Mommy!

I've been called "bad mommy" plenty of times since I've had kids.  I've been called it by my kids, my husband (during those intense fights that couples have sometimes where you do not mean what you say), family members, and so-called friends.  Nothing hurts worse than being called a bad mommy.  Regardless of the situation or the context of it, it still hurts.

Today the toddler has taken to calling me "bad mommy" anytime he gets upset or disapproves of something I do or say.  It's been more annoying than hurtful but after a full day of hearing it I've started to let it get to me.  I know I shouldn't but maybe this kid is on to something.  Am I doing something I shouldn't?  Am I being too hard on him?  After all he is only two.  

Just as I get to the point this after noon that I feel like I am going to break down and really feel hurt he looks at me and says "love you mommy all my heart."  That's when it hits me.  I am not a bad mommy today.  He is just being a brat.  And he still loves me more than anyone in the whole world.  

This is how my day is going put into a meme!



Brag moment.  We got the results back from our six year old's spelling test!  She got all questions correct!  Not only did she ace her spelling test but she also aced a math test.  I, also, received a phonics and high frequency quiz which she scored a 16/20.  She only missed the 4 because she has a bit of dyslexia when it comes to 'd' and 'b'.  She also brought home a reading comprehension test, of course she got all of them correct.  I am beyond proud of Khloe!  I am glad her A.D.H.D. doesn't hold her back at all.  She still succeeds in school and thrives socially.  

My kids are currently running around the house playing dog pound.  Khloe is the dog catcher and Max is the dog.  I have a gut feeling someone will end up hurt but its nice to see them playing together without crying or screaming.  But I will admit all the barking and running around makes it awfully hard to type and stay focused!  

What would you all like to see more in this blog?  It is great writing about my little crazies and they give me plenty to write about but would y'all like to see other things?  Like meal planning tips, recipes, and living on an extreme budget tips?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Comment below any and all tips, thoughts, and even if you just want to say hi!  Feel free to follow me, as well, on here so you don't miss a posting!   

No comments:

Post a Comment