Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Tooth Fairy

In our house we get visits from the Tooth Fairy when a tooth is lost.  Khloe has lost a good bit of teeth in the past year or so, I do believe its a total of five or six. 

Tonight, while at dinner, she bit down on a chicken finger and started squealing, in pain, and saying her tooth was coming out.  After some begging, and Daddy calling me a wimp, I reluctantly pulled it.  Am I the only one that gets the heebie geebies when touching things like teeth?  I hope not!  Anyway, with a slight tug her tooth came out!  Right there in the middle of Hardee's!  She was super excited that she would get visited by the Tooth Fairy tonight.  But this is where issues start.

The tooth that came out was pretty nasty.  She was eating when it was lost but this was beyond food grossness.  We have been having issues with her brushing her teeth lately and no matter how much we try she just doesn't brush her teeth very well.  I try really hard to watch her while brushing and assisting her with proper techniques but with multiple children sometimes its not always possible, especially in the mornings.  I think mornings are probably where she slacks of the most.  I have to get her up, do her hair, get her dressed, wake up Daddy, lay his clothes out (I try to do this in the evenings but I forget a lot), make breakfast for both of them, get all of their stuff ready to go, and wake Max up.  So as you see sometimes, most times, its hard to stay on her in the morning with all the running around and stuff I have to do. 

We talked to her about how it isn't only gross to not brush your teeth but completely necessary to brush them at least twice a day, and do a good job at it, because if you don't  your teeth will get sick and possibly fall out.  Daddy explained how bad his teeth were and how he really doesn't want hers to be like his.  He explained how the teeth falling out are making room for her new teeth and that if they fall out new ones will not grow in their places.  I wasn't convinced this really sunk in and registered in her brain at all.  So I took things into my own hands. 

Well, not my hands but the Tooth Fairy's hands.  I spoke with Mrs. Fairy and explained to her the situation and she agreed to help out.  So tonight when she visits she will leave a note, with a single dollar (which is the going rate in our household for any tooth after the first one or ones lost on birthdays).  She sent me a picture of the note, which I will put down below, but please don't judge Mrs. Fairy for she is extremely busy and did the best she could! 


Hopefully Khloe's love of money will put some pep in her step and cause her to really get brushing.  We are also planning a visit to the dentist soon.  I think that will help too!  Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment