Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Episode 7: Sunscreen Body Paint

So far this week has been pretty tough.  Between pin worms and terrible two's it feels like I cannot catch a break.  This week's stress level is probably at at 9 on a 1 - 10 scale.

Khloe was finally able to start her new A.D.H.D. medicine after fighting with Wal-Mart's pharmacy and switching to two more pharmacies after that.  Apparently Wal-Mart was running it as a generic and her insurance wouldn't approve it.  But we finally got it figured out and swapped pharmacies two times due to them not having it in stock.  The new medicine seems to be working really well for her.  Her teacher actually stopped me today in the car rider line to tell me how great Khloe has been since starting it and how focused she is.  So that's a GREAT thing.

She turns SEVENNNNNN in eight days.  I am pretty much freaking out.  It seems like just yesterday I was bringing my baby girl home from the hospital.  She is super excited about her birthday party!  She has invited EVERY kid in her class and is having an emoji themed party!  I am making a heart eyes emoji cake with poop emoji cupcakes per her request!

Tonight we attempted to practice Khloe's spelling words in the living room but Max kept bothering her and it was really distracting.  So after fighting for around 10 minutes we decided to move to her bedroom and lock Max out.  I told Daddy to watch him but he apparently was tuning me out.  I had to send Khloe out to get a pen and hear her scream, "MAXXXXX!!! Daddy, Max got in to your sunscreen!"  I stayed where I was and had Khloe come back in.  When we came out from finishing her work I see the floor and his chair covered in sunscreen.  It was terrible.  But, Daddy learned the lesson of not tuning me out!



Monday, in a FaceBook group that I am in I decided to stand up for a friend by commenting on a thread that she was being attacked in.  I won't get in to full detail but after her being attacked and me saying what I felt needed to be said we ended up being called "retarded."  Now, I have a special needs cousin, a child with A.D.H.D., suffer myself with mental health issues, and know a lot of special needs people, some of which I hold very near and dear to my heart.  I was really offended by this.  The person who called us that saw no issue with using this word and continued to verbally assault both my friend and I.  Later on on the thread a mother, who said her child was special needs, backed up the woman calling us that word and said in her opinion it is not a bad word.  This really saddened me.  I will end up doing a whole post about this subject sometime this week.  I am compiling facts and studies and what not.  But, with that being said, if you believe the words retard, retarded, sped, or anything of the sort is okay then please educate yourself.

That is all I have for the time being.  I am beyond exhausted and ready to curl up in bed and drift off into dream land.

Happy dreaming folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment