Friday, August 19, 2016

Episode Four: The case of the missing cheese balls.

This week seems like it has flown by.  I think its because of school.  During the summer we sleep in and probably become more lazy than we should be.  Now we are forced to wake up early and go to bed early.  The day is full of activities and chores.  There is no freedom to do what we please during the school year.  But when its all really put in to perspective I prefer the school year.  It gives me purpose.  I don't sleep well past when I should and my house stays in better order.  

Last night, as I helped prep for this weeks upcoming spelling test, I realized that our first grader is probably smarter than I am.  Thankfully she doesn't have the common sense to use it in her advantage yet.  But when she realizes this I am screwed.  She has ten spelling words, yeah she knew a few before this week but there were a few that she got hung up on.  Does, has, and not were new to her.  Does was the big issue.  It was also the only four letter word on the list.  This kid got it tho.  She begged each night this week for extra homework.  Who does that?  All that extra work paid off tho.  I bet she made a 100 on the test this morning.  I'll edit this with an update when I get the results back! 

This is what one of her homework assignments were this week.  She came up with the sentences all on her own and only had to help with spelling the word "okay" because well when you sound the word out, lets be honest, you don't think there is an "ay" at the end.



The toddler has been busy toddling this morning.  The terrible two's are in full force as they were yesterday.  He is a nudest and when he does wear clothes he decides that sister's clothes are the perfect attire.  Yesterday he sported her yellow school shirt and her sandles for the majority of the morning.  This morning he donned his Thomas the Train pj's and cowboy boots but as of now he has lost the pj's and kept the boot part.  Isn't he adorable?



Speaking of naked I just had to stop typing this to see what was wrong with his "peeis."  A naked little boy climbed up on to the sofa beside me and pulled his penis as far as he could and with a concerned voice said "peeis ook get it!"  Which is translated into "penis look get it" which means apparently he got something stuck on it.  I'm pretty sure it was super soft fuzzy blanket fuzz.  But I didn't really want to look that closely into it after I picked the fuzz off.  Boys are so weird.  What is with them and their penis'?  

As a parent I question the majority of what my children do.  Like why in the heck do they insist on pointing out the painful things, like "Mommy why are you so fluffy?" and "Mommy you look weird go put on makeup."  Or what about their tendency to make huge messes?  How in the world can they destroy something so stinking fast?  I cleaned my house yesterday before school got out, and by clean I mean CLEANNNNN, and within ten minutes of both kids being in the house you couldn't tell I did anything.  There is currently something spilled all over the kitchen table and little boy clothes, that don't get worn, scattered all over the living room.  Another thing, what is it with little girls and their emotions?  Is it just my daughter or do they all freak out over the smallest things, like the wrong bow in their hair or not getting the correct amount of chocolate milk in their cups?  


This morning, along with the nakedness and penis problems,  we had a huge issue.  The cheese balls, which is the only thing wanted for breakfast, were missing.  We have a huge container of cheese balls that is about the size of our toddler and they normal are kept on the counter next to the stove.  This morning they were gone.  I knew there was no way they were all eaten so that means they had to have been put someplace other than where they belonged.  Max wasn't thrilled he had to wait on his morning cheese dosage.  He protested with screaming like a wild banshee and begging for "cee bawls."  I gave up on my hunt almost as soon as I started because I don't condone the behavior he was showing because he wasn't getting his way.  I gave him cocoa puffs instead and that wasn't okay with him.  He ended up finding the cheese balls.  Someone, and I'm guessing it was Daddy, put them on top of the fridge.  I'm confused by the fact I did not see them up there but I'm blaming it on the fact that this was all before my first cup of coffee.   

This weekend I am going to work on a questionnaire with our daughter.  It has fifty or so questions that are suppose to be fun and result in some funny answers.  It should be posted Sunday night or Monday day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment