Monday, August 15, 2016

Episode One: Coffee

Coffee.  It's a word that most of us mothers know so well.  I know I can't make it through a day without at least one cup.  I become a mombie without some form caffeine be it a cup of coffee or an energy drink.  



Today's cup was just like any other normal cup.  I put the k cup in the machine like normal, poured an unneeded amount of creamer into it, and took it back to the sofa to enjoy while the toddler watched his cartoons and ate his breakfast.  That's where the brief ten minutes or so that I get to enjoy something ended and the battle of the cup began.  With a ninja like quickness he was grabbing a hold of my cup screaming "copy copy copy!"  trying to get it away from me.  He did not understand that this is Mommy's fuel, the only way she can carry on the tasks she needs to complete before having to sit for an hour in the car rider line.  We struggled for a bit and after prying his death gripped fingers off of my cup I won!  I got it away from him!  Without spilling a drop!  I took it as my chance to chug what was left and handed him the empty mug.  He was not happy.  Not at all.  His sobs for "copy" continued so I did what any mother who needed just a bit of peace before the caffeine did its job and made him his own concoction of "copy."  He got my mug with chocolate milk and a splash of creamer for that added coffee like effect.  

Fast forward to after lunch.  I got him settled down with his cars and his cartoons and snuck off to apply the days face.  Makeup,  like coffee, is my tiny amount of me time.  Things were just a tad bit too quiet so I hollard from the bedroom to see what he was doing.  I got no reply in return.  Quietness is not taken lightly in our house hold so I got up to see what he may be in to.  Yep, coffee again.  He had gotten the used k cup out of the trash, some how opened it, and was enjoying eating the grounds.  He was covered in a chunky nasty like film.  The hallway had a slight dusting of coffee grounds and in the kitchen was a pile where I suspect the initial tasting began.   I cleaned him and the house up and things returned to normal.  

Not all things are crazy and annoying like fighting for coffee or getting in to trash.  Most are incredibly adorable.  Like today as he was playing with a balloon.  He was throwing the balloon up and catching it having a blast when he abruptly stopped, took the balloon to his little potty, which is in the living room for potty training purposes, and puts the balloon on the potty and says "good pee pee good!"  He, also, went to making pee noises.  As soon as balloon was done with its business they were off to playing again.  

Things carried on pretty normal for the rest of the day.  We picked sister up from school, came home, watched T.V., they played and argued like normal, we picked Daddy up from work, had dinner, and went to Wal-Mart.  Even after returning home things seemed to be pretty normal.  Sister went to bed, after some protest of course, and that left toddler, Daddy, and I to relax and settle down from today's coffee consumption.

Apparently toddler knows where I keep our melatonin.  I keep it up high in a cabinet but that appears to be not a good enough hiding spot.  So needless to say I have one passed out toddler right now.  Don't worry tho, he only ate about 10mg if that, and according to my mother-in-law and google he will just sleep really good tonight.  

Well, that was today's trip in to our crazy adventures.  Check back for more because in our household there's always something going on!  

No comments:

Post a Comment